Marketing & Media Coordinator Job
This is a rare chance to make shit happen working with me and my crew at J skis. We're a small, direct to consumer ski brand located in Burlington, VT run by a tight-knit group of passionate skiers. As part of a small team, all employees must be comfortable wearing many hats as the daily job duties fluctuate in such a seasonal business. This job requires the ability to think creatively, accept feedback and execute tasks at an extremely fast pace.
As one of the few premium, yet fun-loving brands in the industry, riding J skis truly means you are part of the family; our goal is to enhance this experience for current and future customers. You will work directly with the Marketing Director, Graphic Designer and Owner daily, so clear communication and ability to complete tasks on-time and accept (and give) criticism is essential. If you are a smart, passionate, reliable, creative, hard worker with the below skills, this is your chance to play a pivotal role in the success of one of skiing's most progressive and fastest growing brands.
J skis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages anyone that fits the below skills, experience and attributes to apply! Salary between $50-60k, depending on applicant's skills and experience. Benefits include paid vacation & sick time, annual bonus, 401k match, health care reimbursement, season pass and free products.
This is an IN-PERSON job in Burlington, VT. If you are not already located in Vermont, or willing to relocate within one month of hiring, please do not apply.
- COMMUNICATION - You are phenomenal at using language and imagery to communicate a clear message.
- COPYWRITING - You have high level copywriting experience and are a master of the English language with proper grammar. You have the natural ability to say a lot with a few words.
- DIGITAL MARKETING - You have multiple years of post-college experience organizing and implementing digital marketing campaigns including social media, email, SMS and web ads.
- VIDEO - You have experience producing basic videos to highlight or tell entertaining stories that educate and entertains fan. You must be able to be given basic direction and then take initiative to apply your creativity to conceive, plan, shoot and edit using Premier. You will also manage outside experts to contribute more specialized video skills when needed.
- PHOTO - You have a good eye and perspective for communicating through imagery. You will be given a goal to communicate a specific message through imagery and execute the coordination of models, photographers, props and scheduling to capture images on your own, or contract and direct a professional photographer. You also have the ability to manipulate the images using Photoshop so they are ready for use.
WE ARE NOT EXPECTING you to be a professional photographer or graphic designer, however similar basic skills, perspective, and knowhow is necessary. You will utilize our in-house Graphic Designer for actual graphic design needs.
- CREATIVE - You are constantly thinking up new and creative ideas and ways for our brand to stand out from the rest, as well continue engaging conversations with customers.
- PROBLEM SOLVER - You are self motivated, persistent and fearless when it comes to efficiently solving problems on your own.
- COMMUNICATION - This is a team effort! Have the guts and initiative to ask questions, make suggestions and continually have conversations related to what we're working on.
- FAST - Hyper active + hyper focused = capable of keeping up with a small, fast-paced team.
- SKIER - Passionate, long-time skier with consumer perspective and understanding of our sport. Knowledge of ski locations, products and tricks is essential.
- IN-PERSON - Already live in, or ready to immediately relocate to Burlington, VT.
- SCHOOL - You're a smart, hard worker proven by your college GPA of 3.5+ with a BS in a related topic (ex Marketing, Design, Communication, Media, Business, etc.)
- JOB - Minimum 2 years post-college experience in a digital marketing job
- SOCIAL MEDIA - Scheduling posts and engaging with followers on all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok) 7 days a week.
- EMAIL / SMS - Plan, design and schedule multiple email and SMS marketing campaigns per week. Interpret results from campaigns and automated flows to consistently make improvements to drive better sales results.
- COMMUNITIES - Post and participate in online communities daily.
- ATHLETES - Search out to discover and manage athletes to collaborate on projects and collect, organize and edit photos & video assets. Assist them with product needs and motivate them to promote our brand.
- WEBSITE - Create and manage content on our website to help communicate, entertain and drive sales. For example, create blog posts highlighting inspirational skiing stories or videos instructing people how to choose a product.
- ADS - Organize or create content for use as Facebook & Google ads.
- PROMOTIONS - Contribute content and ideas for promotions to grow sales, databases and social media followers.
- LEARN - Continually research, learn, and apply new sales and marketing strategies to improve and keep up with trends.
TO APPLY send a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org You'll hear back from us within 7 days.
More From 'It's just skiing.'
Black Friday Ski Purchase Forgiveness Program
We gave away $40,000 of free skis Black Friday WeekendRead More ›
J on the Blister Podcast
Jason Levinthal sits down with Jonathan Ellsworth of Blister Review to chat all things skiing, the new J headquarters, and industry trends.Read More ›
Win J skis
Win the Masterblaster "Thundercloud" ski. Giveaway winner announced Friday, December 2nd...Read More ›
Yup... it's snowing! For real!!! Check out these photos from ski areas...Read More ›
These skiers are ready for winter
These early birds got the worm! If you ride J skis then you're on the team.Read More ›
Summer 2022 Team Callouts
These are my favorite videos from skiers like you who refuse to let there be an off-season!Read More ›