We're Freakin' Hiring!
Location: Burlington, VT (in-person only)
Application Deadline: July 17th, 2022
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Employment Period: September - February
Benefits: 2 free pairs of skis, up to 40% off all J products, prodeal discounts from other brands in the ski industry
If you're an experienced and passionate skier who's eager to get your foot in the door of the ski industry, then this is the job for you! J skis is looking for seasonal customer service employees responsible for providing accurate and personalized skier support. This is a rare opportunity to start a career in the ski industry working with the best in the business.
J skis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages anyone that fits the below skills, experience and attributes to apply. While we value previous experience, we're always on the lookout for those looking to learn, hustle and grow on the job. As a leading innovator in the ski industry we are eager to diversify our team, so if you're someone who has a passion for skiing we hope to hear from you!
WARNING: There is no actual skiing involved with this job. You will be sitting at a desk typing to other skiers, talking about skis and skiing. We're paying you to talk about the sport you love!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our product’s design, construction and intended use.
- Provide accurate information as to why a specific product is best for each customer’s specific needs.
- Assist customers through all parts of the purchase and post-purchase process.
- Communicate one-on-one with each customer using: Email / Live Chat / Phone.
- Develop a complete understanding of our online e-commerce system and use it efficiently.
- Utilize the tools provided to ensure customer satisfaction and generate sales.
- Other miscellaneous tasks, duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with others including nights, weekends, holidays.
- In person role in Burlington, VT
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- You must be a skier!
- You must be goal oriented - we need very convincing sales people!
- Ability to empathize with a diverse customer base
- General knowledge of ski performance and other skis on the market today.
- Prior sales experience (actual ski shop sales experience preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to type quickly and efficiently with minimal mistakes.
- Proficient use of online programs and systems… we don’t care if you’re huge on Instagram!
Please email your resume, references, and reasons why you are the best person for this job to email@example.com to be considered for the position.
DEADLINE July 17th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
More From 'It's just skiing.'
Win J skis
Win the Allplay "Spot Digger" ski. Giveaway winner announced Friday, February 3rd...Read More ›
Black Friday Ski Purchase Forgiveness Program
We gave away $40,000 of free skis Black Friday WeekendRead More ›
J on the Blister Podcast
Jason Levinthal sits down with Jonathan Ellsworth of Blister Review to chat all things skiing, the new J headquarters, and industry trends.Read More ›