Location: Burlington, VT
Type: Full Time
Period: Year Round
Benefits: 2 free pairs of skis, 40% off J, access to ski industry discounts
Go skiing every morning... store opens at noon!
Application Deadline: October 2nd, 2022
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our product’s design, construction and intended use.
- Provide accurate information as to why a specific product is best for each customer’s specific needs.
- Assist customers through all parts of the purchase and post-purchase process.
- Communicate one-on-one with each customer live in the store, and over the phone, email or texts.
- Develop a complete understanding and ability to efficiently use our in-store Point of Sale system, and also our online e-commerce system.
- Be able to obtain VT alcohol server certification.
- Be able to obtain various ski binding certifications.
- Utilize the tools provided to ensure customer satisfaction and generate sales.
- Inspire and support the retail team to perform at their best.
- Provide training and scheduling for the retail team.
- Other miscellaneous management tasks, duties and responsibilities as needed in a retail store and bar setting.
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with others including nights, weekends, holidays.
- In person role in Burlington, VT.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- You must be a skier!
- You must be goal oriented - we need very convincing sales people!
- Ability to empathize with a diverse customer base.
- General knowledge of ski performance and other skis on the market today.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of online programs and Point of Sales systems… we don’t care if you’re huge on Instagram!
- Required: 5 years of retail sales experience, with some management experience (actual ski shop sales/management experience preferred).
- Preferred: have existing binding certification and experience mounting skis.
- Preferred: have existing VT Alcohol Server License and experience serving.